Saturday, June 11, 2005

Silencio, The Hate Game, Reagan Babies, Of The Hour

On Wednesday, June 8th, Matt and I were the only people to go to TT The Bear's Place. I suppose I exaggerate a little; the bands also showed up. During this "private" show, we saw Silencio, Reagan Babies, and Of The Hour.

The Hate Game

Pop punk. We heard the first two-and-a-half songs then decided that standing in the pouring rain outside was better.

The empty dance-floor of TT The Bear's Place

Silencio

This band was the only one I had demoed before the show. They alone were worth the $6, and with some other good bands would be worth $10. They're metal as fuck.

After their set the vocalist, Marcelo, chatted with his audience (that's Matt and myself, you'll remember). We exchanged email addresses, chatted about where we were from and the other smalltalk. We're close buds now, three days later. Probably.

Silencio's guitarist, drummer, and vocalist

See this band. I mean it. They're playing again on July 17th, so you damn well better be there.

Silencio rocking out

Reagan Babies

The bassist and keyboardist for this band were absent (drunk and camping, respectively), so I really have no idea if this band is any good. They were quite political ("This song is about the oppression of black people. Uh, what a diverse audience…") and had an folky feel to them, which is cool at a rally or whatnot, but not so much at TT's. On the upside, they didn't totally suck.

The Reagan Babies folking out

Of The Hour

This band's vocalist sang really well. Of course it should be noted that I hate vocals and I especially hate singing. However, the backing music was really well-done and swelling, almost post-rock in a Talk Talk kinda way. Pretty songs, but not something I'd be interested in seeing.

Of The Hour's drummer going at it

Tags: , , , , , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home